»

Sunday, November 23, 2008

3 siblings - "The brick flick"



I can't actually call this a LO, can I?
This is my contribution to the final in LSS where the task was to use and repeat the number 3 on everything exept from the title. Well, I've got 3 kids, so I decided to give them a brick each. (Huh? What hole in the driveway???) The idea behind using the bricks is that you can bulid just about whatever you want with them. So, these photos can be arranged in several ways - they can even make it quite all right as singles.

The bricks are also quite symbolic - you can build a monument with them, and my kids'll always have something built together just by being siblings. No matter how their lives'll turn out, they can rely on each other. (Ok, I may look though, but I'm really soft when it comes to my kids.)



It was not that easy to take an acceptable photo of these bricks. First of all, I've got no professional equipment (just wait 'till I grow up!). I've used some pearl white paint on the bricks and it gave a terrible reflection not matter what I tried. I finished the bricks so close to the deadline of the finals, so there was no daylight left for photographing. Ok, enough excuses - they turned out quite ok after all. So, now I just have to wait and see what the jury'll say. But, after seeing the other contributions in the finals, I've got doubts..... Oh, what the heck! I had FUN doing this one - it made me think alternatively, and that is what I love the most when I scrap!

5 Creative Comments:

Unknown said...

For en utrolig kreativ løsning!!! Jeg er mektig imponert over hva du finner av materiale til å scrappe på!! *bøyer meg i støvet* og ønsker deg lykke til :)

Timcso said...

I tell you thank you for having visited my blog and the kind words! Very much like your pictures, witty and very much beautiful!!! I will come yet many times ide!!:):)Keep Scrappin!

Salte said...

Du er min kreative helt altså!! Fy søren hadde jeg bare hatt 1% av kreativiteten din!!!

Calv said...

Stunning Trine, i love your work, always so refreshing, detailed and enjoyable to look at!
Thanks.

Ingvild Bolme said...

Fantastisk nydelig og fantastisk kreativt, terningskast 6! ;-)
Skulle så gjerne ønske at disse steinene kom bedre frem på bildene, for når man ser bildene på avstand (uten å studere eller se på forstørrelsen), så kan man liksom kanskje tro at det er en LO..? Uansett, absolutt fantastisk flott, og jeg håper alle ser hvor kreativt dette faktisk er og at det er scrappet på brostein! Hvor tar du alt fra egentlig? Du er jo så dyktig! Og i denne likte jeg veldig godt betydningen som du så fint poengterer med disse steinene som man kan bygge sammen... utrolig flott!