»

Saturday, April 11, 2009

A tender little sleeping beauty

Don't you agree that there is something heartwarming and truly special about babies asleep? I just love this photo, and I spent quite some time deciding how to scrap it - the thing that troubled me the most was which colors to use. The photo is originally taken in colors, but I wanted a tender, innocent look to the LO, so I went black/white. The photo was taken during a period that Jarle was sick, and this was his very first peaceful sleep in weeks due to severe intestant infection. From this day on everything became better.

I wanted to express both innocence and love, so I decided to go with white as my main color and then use red as contrast. I'm quite happy with the result of that. I also added some light blue glimmer mist to the background - unfortunately that doesn't show much in the photo.

This LO is not meant for any album. It's mounted on solid cardboard ready to hang up on the wall. I plan to do similar LO's of all mye kids for display - but that has to be in time. First of all I have to fix digital photos of the two eldest kids, then I have to find the time to do it. *sigh*

6 Creative Comments:

Ruth Philps said...

soooo sweet and gentle and the blue glimmer mist makes it that bit extra special....

Have a lovely weekend!

Timcso said...

Wooooooooow!! Beautiful work!!I love it!!:)

Renate said...

Noe så utrolig nydelig. Jeg er bergtatt her.

Jane Wetzel said...

OMG! What a gorgeous blog and gorgeous work! I will have to get that rat's badge! ha ha ha! I think he is pretty funny too! tfs!

Salte said...

Denne er fantastisk Trine! Har sett på den mange ganger. Håper du har det godt. Og at vi sees snart. Snuppa!

Torill said...

Denne var bare utrolig lekker:0) Har ikke vært her inne hos deg før, men her kommer jeg helt sikkert tilbake:0) Greit at jeg linker til deg i bloggen min ja?
Nå skal jeg kose meg videre nedover her!!